/e/ mobile phone operating system
Imagine mobile phones running a desirable /e/ operating system, at a reasonable cost. Not running Google or any other “data hungry” services.
And at the same time, mobile phone operating systems where personal and corporate users can install and use the mainstream applications of their choice, if they wish so.
That’s what /e/ is going to provide: attractive mobile phone operating systems with better privacy.
Our mobile phone OS roadmap
Is /e/ mobile phone OS available? Not yet!
In 2018, we plan to release the system as an “installable ROM” that will be compatible with a number of devices. It will be a “Minimal Viable Product” (MVP). This means it won’t include all /e/ features we have in mind for the long term; it will usable and attractive, just with a minimal function set.
This year we will begin selling the first mobile phones, which will be “post market” phones, i.e. phones that we buy, flash with the /e/ system and sell to customers.
- June 2018: early access to /e/ email for /e/ backers
- July 2018: early access to /e/ drive for /e/ backers
- August 2018: /e/ OS beta (MVP) release with several web services (search, app store)
- September 2018: /e/ OS source code release on /e/ GitLab
- September 2018: /e/ email and drive open to more users
- October 2018: smartphones with /e/ OS start shipping to /e/ backers
- January 2019: smartphones with /e/ OS start selling
It will grow over time, but possibly not all devices from this list will be officially supported if they become obsolete.
Suggest a new device
Want a specific device to be supported? Please fill this form! (works better with Chromium and Firefox)
to be supported by /e/ by typing below: